Group Leader at the Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) Bellinzona, Switzerland
Institute of Oncology ResearchIOR
The Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Bellinzona, Switzerland, is a rapidly evolving, leading center for basic and translational research in oncology, affiliated to the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences, Università della Svizzera italiana (USI). The aim of our research teams is to study the mechanisms of cancer pathogenesis and develop innovative and rational-based avenues to fight cancer. The Institute currently hosts eight research groups working on lymphomas, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, melanoma, prostate, and breast cancer.
As part of the Institute’s scientific strategy, we are now searching for outstanding scientists with an established or aspiring skill-set and broad strategic fit with our key strengths and strategic priorities to fill a new group leader position.
We are looking for a:
Group Leader in Lymphoma Biology and Therapy
The future group leader will establish research programs employing innovative approaches to investigate mature B-cell tumors.
Research directions of special interest include:
- Comparative Biology.
- Tumor microenvironment.
- MD and/or PhD with an outstanding track record of productivity in cancer research.
- Original and innovative research program with high potential for transforming discoveries and/or successful cancer therapy development.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in an interactive team and of team leadership.
- Capacity to attract competitive funding, like ERC and SNF grants or equivalent.
- Working in an innovative, and scientifically stimulating surrounding in a new research building.
- Access to a broad range of state-of-the-art core facilities within the Bellinzona Institutes of Science (Bios⁺).
- Strong connection with the clinical partners Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland (IOSI) and the International Extranodal Lymphoma Study Group (IELSG), allowing the design and running of clinical phase I-III studies.
- Competitive start-up, running package, and personalized support.
- The position will ensure at least the role as Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences at the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), www.biomed.usi.ch.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive digital application including in a single PDF-file curriculum vitae, a list of publications, names, and contact details of three references, a brief description (max. 2-4 pages) of past achievements, and a detailed description (max. 5 pages) of future research plans.
IOR is increasing the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus strongly invites qualified female investigators to apply.
Please send the application to: email@example.com
Applications sent to different contacts, in other formats, or after the deadline will not be considered.
September 30th, 2023
More information about the Institute is available at www.ior.usi.ch
For scientific and position-related questions please contact Prof. Franco Cavalli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For administrative questions, please contact email@example.com